applying constant force on water molecules in a particular direction

From: Sanjib Paul (sanjib88paul_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2017 - 06:14:16 CDT

Dear Namd users,
                          I have a system where two water baths are
connected through a single walled carbon nanotube. I want to apply a
constant force on all water molecules of these two baths along a particular
direction (say +z or -z direction). The water molecules inside the nanotube
will not experience any external force. Few research groups have done these
type of simulation using steered molecular
dynamics (Zhu *et al*. Biophysical Journal, *83*, *2002*, 154 –160). I
have gone through the NAMD tutorial but what I am trying to do is quite
different from the content kept in tutorial. So can anyone please show me a
way to do this?

Thanking you.

Sanjib Paul
Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
India