Re: about GaMD reweighting

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2017 - 11:29:09 CDT

I haven't seen a tutorial, but my understanding was that the "old" aMD output retains its meaning with the new code.

The code snippet your provide looks like it computes a linear response-like approximation to the bias free energy:

f_bias ~= < dU > / kT

which is reportedly accurate for GaMD, although a variance term may also be appropriate. I don't know off-hand whether or not a linear response re-weighting procedure is also recommended - maybe this can be linearized too?

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory