RE: energy difference between HSE and HSD

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Tue May 09 2017 - 10:43:49 CDT

The HSE and HSD parameters were clearly not designed to reproduce tautomerization energies. The C36 force field does in fact get the tautomer ratio wrong in solution (by a LOT).

Maybe this will be improved in future force field versions?

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory