Re: Custum made residue addition

From: Chitrak Gupta (chgupta_at_mix.wvu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2017 - 08:11:31 CDT

Hi Zeki,

Remember to do "reply all" so that others can chime in as well as the
conversation goes to the archive.

If you do have the topology/parameter files then life becomes a lot easier.
I don't know how to do it using the mutator plugin, but if you use the
script given in the NAMD tutorial (the "setup.pgn" script, in the
"Generating a Protein Structure File (PSF)" section), you can modify it
slightly. Read in the topology file of your residue along with the standard
protein topology file, and then when reading in the PDB file, do this:

segment U {
pdb yourPDBfile.pdb
mutate n XXX
}

where n is the position where you want to mutate and XXX is the residue
code as defined in the topology/parameter file.

Then proceed as normal. That should do it.

Hope this helps,
Chitrak.