Re: Solvation free energy difference of alchemical transformation of K+ into Na+

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2017 - 10:11:47 CST

I would check the citation for the force field parameters. Almost all
ion parameters published in the literature come with either absolute or
relative solvation free energy numbers. The standard CHARMM36 prm file
actually states that the value should be -18.6 kcal/mol.

If you cannot reproduce those numbers with NAMD, then I might be
concerned, especially if NAMD (or maybe CHARMM) was used for the
reference calculation.

Brian

--
Brian Radak