Re: Re: RMSD based PMF calculation with umbrella sampling

From: Wang, X. Y. (jeffwang20_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2016 - 06:03:02 CST

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for your reply on RMSD based PMF calculation with the targeted MD
example. I've seen that before. I am still not sure how to set up windows
(especially the centers and force constants) if I use umbrella sampling,
not targeted MD. I have a series of structures with increasing RMSDs to the
reference structure. How should I set up .conf and .in files with colvar?
Would you show me an example? Thanks.

Best,
Xingyong

Hi,

You can take a look at the targeted MD example. Umbrella sampling will be a
slightly simpler variant of that.

https://github.com/colvars/colvars/blob/master/examples/05_targeted_MD.colvar
s.in

Best,