Re: How to continue RMSD of previous production simulation

From: Chitrak Gupta (chgupta_at_mix.wvu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2016 - 12:43:05 CST

Hi Farhad,

How are you calculating RMSD? Are you using VMD's RMSD plugin, and are you
doing it separately for each trajectory? Note that by default, VMD
calculates RMSD *with respect to the first frame* that you have loaded (as
far as I know). So, if you are loading the trajectories separately each
time, then the reference frame is changing each time. If you load all your
trajectories together then you should see a consistent RMSD.

Hope this helps.
Chitrak.