Re: AW: Turning off and back on fixed atoms

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak.accts_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2016 - 12:04:57 CDT

No, it does not. But we could potentially put this on the list of new
features. Just permitting the fixed atom list to be reallocated
on-the-fly might be a relatively minor modification if it is implemented
like I expect (no promises on that though!).

What I still don't understand is how such a usage pattern would make
sense - what special handling of those degrees of freedom would need to
be implemented? My assumption is that the reason fixed atoms are
currently static is that the forces and velocities on them are just
arbitrarily zeroed (or never integrated, same thing). This is, however,
not a rigorous constraint because there is no formal modification of the
Hamiltonian. Is this a deal breaker?

Brian

--
Brian Radak