RE: Turning off and back on fixed atoms

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2016 - 12:05:27 CDT

Actually getting NAMD to permit toggling of features is actually not too tough - the question is whether or not the actual forces, etc. are still being correctly computed as a result.

I'm not familiar with Tiger2A, but the obvious concern is in how one properly handles a fluctuating number of degrees of freedom. Is there a proposed solution to this problem? What is the desired behavior for things like the virial?

My guess is that you will have to intermittently read, write, and reload a PDB file specifying the fixed selection and then reallocate the structure from the PSF (using reinitatoms) - this should be possible in 2.12, but it is still a beta feature for sure.

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory