Re: Minimization failing on one machine only

From: Chris Goedde (chris.goedde_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2016 - 14:11:42 CDT

Thanks, that certainly seems to be true in my case. I downloaded the non-CUDA binary, and that correctly minimized the system.

Just a question to follow up. I’m modifying my scripts to make the minimization process a separate step (using the non-CUDA binary for minimization, and the CUDA-enabled binary for the rest of the simulation).

It seems that a “temperature” command is needed in the namd configuration file even if there is no run command (only a minimize command). Does the minimization actually depend on the temperature? If not, does it matter what value I use for the temperature if all I’m doing is minimizing the system?

Thanks.

Chris