Re: Oxidized cysteine parameters for CHARMM36

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2016 - 09:35:08 CDT

I would look at the Force Field Tool Kit (FFTK) packaged with VMD and/or
General Automated Atomic Model Parameterization (GAAMP) hosted here at ANL.

The latter is more for small molecule parameterization while the former
is more for compatibility with CHARMM (I believe, I hope I'm not
misrepresenting it).

Just my opinion - sulfur is generally NOT well covered in the protein
and nucleic acid force fields. There is probably a trade off in the
properties that will be well reproduced and you might need to think a
bit about what you want your simulations to tell you. I had a painful
experience trying to work with phosphorothioates a few years back and
ended up scrapping the whole project (although that was also because my
thesis was complete without that project).

HTH,
Brian

--
Brian Radak