RE: PMF decompostion

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2016 - 12:31:48 CDT

I have not worked with the pair interaction utility, but if the selection is done in the B column before the calculation, I doubt that a dynamic selection is possible, since those assignments are only done when the "structure" command is called.

You might be able to hack this by swapping the coordinates of certain water molecules via Tcl in between energy evaluations, but that assumes: 1) you can determine which molecules you want on-the-fly (maybe via "measure"?) and 2) the number of atoms in the selection is fixed. The validity of number 2 probably depends on how you define the first solvation shell.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee