Re: interpretation of eigenvec colvar?

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2016 - 22:12:48 CDT

Ah, good to see there is a Jacobian term contribution.

I’m not sure I follow your proposal though. I am using the differenceVector option, which means that the transformation is 0->1 by definition. If my reference structure is in the middle, one endpoint (+1) would be determined by the eigenvector - are you saying the second endpoint (-1) is driving in the opposite direction?

To be especially clear, I’m trying to find the difference in energy between two conformations, one of which is not a local minimum, at least in a free state.

Thanks!
JC