Re: Problems with wrapAll

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2016 - 11:14:48 CDT

Hi Sonu,

It looks like your cell basis vectors don’t match what you describe. Since they are a little smaller, if you get unlucky and a bond is wrapped across the periodic boundary, wrapall will dutifully wrap everything so that the relative starting configuration is retained, which includes a really long bond. What I do to avoid this is overestimate the cell basis vectors somewhat, and let constant pressure MD shrink the box size to the appropriate size.

Your cutoffs will need to be changed for production simulation. Charmm was parameterized against specific cutoffs, and while the simulations will be ALOT faster with shorter cutoffs, the physical properties of the system are not going to be retained with much shorter cutoffs. You may need to make your simulation box larger, as the polymer may start to interact with itself when it rotates.

Finally, we aren’t all sirs on this mailing list, and sometimes that bears repeating.

-Josh