namd2 or charmrun ++local ?

From: Laura Joana (laurajoanalopes_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2016 - 11:35:05 CDT

Dear users,

Maybe this question is more for the developers.
I have a doubt for some time now and I discussed with some people and no
one knew the answer, so I decide to come to you.
To run NAMD in mode than one processor the best idea is to use the command
charmrun and use +p[n], where n is the number of processors. But, the
charmrun command has the option ++local to run in just one processor.
What is the difference between using the command namd2 and using charmrun
++local namd2?
Hope someone here know the answer!
Thanks,

Laura