Re: TCL Scripting for Force Calculations

From: Allen, Caley R (caley.allen_at_chemistry.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon May 02 2016 - 14:08:17 CDT

Hello Jérôme,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have flagged specific atoms in the PDB file by altering the beta column, to say a 1 and all other atoms to 0. Then in the namd gconf file I have used fixedAtoms. So I am familiar with using flags in the PDB file.

How would I incorporate that idea into something like the following (this is an exert from the smdforce.tcl script I have used before)?:

# Atoms selected for force application

set id1 [atomid A 1 CA]
set grp1 {}
lappend grp1 $id1
set a1 [addgroup $grp1]

set id2 [atomid A 43 CA]
set grp2 {}
lappend grp2 $id2
set a2 [addgroup $grp2]

I am attempting to minimize the number of lines changed in the code I am currently using.

Sorry if I am missing the message.

Cheers,

Caley

Caley Allen, Ph.D.