Re: Lowe-Andersen, Langevin and velocity rescaling thermostats (lipid bilayers)

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2016 - 09:44:37 CDT

I believe all thermostats are mutually exclusive at present. You might
be able to "turn off" langevin dynamics by specifying non-uniform
friction coefficients with some atoms set to zero, but I have not tried
this. Looking at the code, it looks like this ought to work and can
already be done for hydrogens (see src/Sequencer.C in
langevinVelociitesBBK1(), for example).

The drag/noise terms in Langevin definitely do not have knowledge of
direction at this time - the velocity vectors are just scaled uniformly.
You might be able to modify the integrator for this.

Regards,
Brian

--
Brian Radak