2.11 how to remove charmrun remote-shell options

From: Scott Brozell (srb_at_osc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 13 2016 - 12:04:54 CST

Hi,

A batch script that works correctly with previous versions of NAMD,
2.10, etc., is failing with 2.11.

The initial error is due to a charmrun change to ssh for the default remote shell:
Host key verification failed.
Charmrun> Error 255 returned from remote shell (n72:0)
..

Using ++remote-shell rsh or export CONV_RSH=rsh yields the same new failure:
n75: invalid option -- 'o'
usage: rsh [-nd] [-l login] host [command]
Charmrun> Error 1 returned from remote shell (n75:0)
..

Digging deeper the problem is that charmrun now passes openssh options:
Charmrun> Starting rsh n75 -l me -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o NoHostAuthenticationForLocalhost=yes /bin/bash -f
..

For reference in 2.10:
Charmrun> Starting rsh n19 -l me /bin/bash -f

How can these invalid options be eliminated ?

FWIW,
This page doesn't contain a version or a change log that would show
changes to defaults or show the need to tinker with the remote shell stuff:
http://charm.cs.illinois.edu/manuals/html/charm++/C.html
This page is clearly stale:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdKnownBugs
This page is not as clearly stale; how about a date stamp or some other
obvious clue that it is being maintained?
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdTroubleshooting

I recommend that your quality assurance and quality control processes
be reviewed.

thanks,
scott