Re: Aoid protein to reach periodic boundary

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 2016 - 09:30:36 CST

In addition to what Jerome said, you seem to misunderstand periodic
boundary conditions. The periodic boundary is only apparent—there is no
boundary! Your simulation should work perfectly well whether you restrain
the protein to the middle or not. For visualization, you can wrap the
trajectory later using pbctools in VMD.

Jeff

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311