Re: Simulation of metalo-binding proteins

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2016 - 14:01:08 CST

Hi guys,

yes, indeed, I am not a big expert in the simulations, like you have recognized!
In fact, I am a MS molecular biologists whos major topic is fish
distribution across the universe ocean!
We have here some bioinformatics course which we have to pass to
obtain money scholarships for the month.
The things are tricky because my bioinformaticia teacher in fact is
mad devil - he asked me to do this model in NAMD of multi-chain
protein where each chain consist of several Cu2+ ions buried within
internal cavities - and run short 10 ns simulation to check whether
the model work or not. If I will not do it - he will not give his
endorsement and I will not obtain money and have to skip black friday
this year:(.

I will be thankful for everyone who will demonstrate trivial way how
to construct psf topology for this kind of model - assuming that I not
need qm/mm in particular case, being motivated to sacrifice for the
accuracy - parametrisation of the coordination bonds between
active-site side chains and Cu2+, considering copper just like as
non-bonded ion).
It will helps me to give the fake model to the teacher to tell me
"That's allright!" and sight the papper for my money!

James S.