Re: vmd-l: Inconsistent atom count

From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2016 - 12:54:26 CDT

Hi,
  It would be very helpful if you could tell us what version of VMD
you're using, what OS/platform you're running it on, and the specific
sequence of commands and/or file loading operations you performed and
the verbatim error messages that VMD emits in the text console.
VMD requires the same number of atoms in all files that are loaded into
the same molecule. The error from NAMD is basically the same. Is it possible
that you might have loaded the PDB file in an editor that did line wrapping
or some other damage to the file? If you load the PDB file by itself,
how many atoms does VMD say it contains? How about doing the same for
the PSF file?

Cheers,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/