Re: TCL Scripting for Force Calculations

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Mon May 02 2016 - 11:37:19 CDT

Hi Caley,

This sounds like it would be easier to do with the collective variables
module. You can define your sets of atoms by flagging them in a PDB file,
or based on residue and atom names, or with a GROMACS-format index file if
you happen to use those. Then steered MD is implemented as a moving
harmonic bias. If you want a custom algorithm, you can Tcl-script your own
colvar bias:
http://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#x1-720006.7

Best,
Jerome