Re: velocity computation

From: Tristan Croll (tristan.croll_at_qut.edu.au)
Date: Mon Feb 08 2016 - 12:33:16 CST

Just a thought, but you could probably hack the IMD connection to VMD quite straightforwardly to achieve this. Edit the NAMD source code to send the velocities rather than the coordinates, then in VMD:

trace add variable ::vmd_timestep(your_imd_molecule_number) write your_proc

.. and a proc to do whatever you want to do with the velocity information. As long as you're not asking VMD to actually draw anything, the back-and-forth should be fairly minimal.