Fwd: FW: NAMD

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak.accts_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 25 2015 - 11:35:27 CDT

Kathirvel,

In the future, you will get much better advice if you aim these questions
at the official NAMD listserv.

That being said, I think your problem stems from a fundamental
misunderstanding of how NpT and implicit solvent simulations work. The
latter are generally formulated as a grand-canonical muVT ensemble and are
thus wholly incompatible with pressure control. An exception to this would
be the use of a stochastic solvent boundary, but one could argue that that
is not really an implicit solvation approach, but more of a hybrid model.

Hope that helps,
Brian