Re: backbone constraint

From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 22 2015 - 08:59:48 CDT

Hi Urszula,

I usually prepare this with a simple vmd script that loads in the
starting pdb and "tags" the atoms I want in the beta column of the
output pdb. This is what you then feed into NAMD using the appropriate
arguments (check the user guide).

mol new initial.pdb
set all [atomselect top "all"]
set sel [atomselect top "noh and backbone"]
$all set beta 0
$sel set beta 1
$all writepdb restrained.pdb

Note that the restraint pdb needs to have all the atoms listed,
regardless of if they are constrained/restrained or not, since that is
what NAMD's parser expects.

-Josh Vermaas