RE: setting up namd simulation in IBM Blue Gene/L

From: hannes.loeffler_at_stfc.ac.uk
Date: Thu Dec 18 2014 - 01:43:11 CST

Interesting. The last paragraph and the attached file seem to be missing from my previous mail. I just paste these here.

I have paste a script below, I have used to start a series of MD simulations. I have also included a namd config file to show how I passed environment variables down to the jobs. Something that I always found to be very cumbersome on the BlueGenes.

#!/bin/sh
#
# submit jobs on BlueGene via LoadLeveler
#

input=md.in

nodes=256
threads=2
tasks=`expr $nodes \* $threads`
mycwd=`pwd`

binary=$HOME/usr/NAMD_2.7_BlueGeneP/namd2

if [ -z "$1" -o -z "$2" ]; then
  echo "Usage: $0 start stop"
  exit 1
fi