Re: vmd-l: making psf files

From: Zeinab Emami (zemami_at_ku.edu.tr)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2014 - 04:55:06 CDT

Dear Ashar Malik,

Thank you fro your answer, this is my pdb file:

*HETATM 1 C2 C 1 0.756 -0.045 -0.137 1.00 0.00
     *
*HETATM 2 C1 C 1 -0.757 0.044 0.138 1.00 0.00
     *
*HETATM 3 H3 C 1 -1.280 0.345 -0.782 1.00 0.00
     *
*HETATM 4 H4 C 1 -0.943 0.788 0.926 1.00 0.00
     *
*HETATM 5 H5 C 1 -1.127 -0.938 0.465 1.00 0.00
     *
*HETATM 6 H6 C 1 1.105 -1.069 0.059 1.00 0.00
     *
*HETATM 7 H7 C 1 1.290 0.657 0.521 1.00 0.00
     *
*HETATM 8 H8 C 1 0.953 0.215 -1.188 1.00 0.00
     *

ETHANE MOLECULE, [file also attached to the email].

I used autopsf for the pdb file. I took the atom names form the charmm
force field atom name list:

http://dogmans.umaryland.edu/~kenno/tutorial/par_all36_cgenff.prm

I got ethane as a sample for training in order to leran how to prepare the
parameter fiel for any given new molecule.
I am using fftk for this purpose and as soon as I have the pdb file, I
shall be able to produce the parameter file for the
given molecule.

I know many people are doing this at the moment, though I did not managed
to find a good and thorough relevant
document on the web. I would appreciate it if you guide me to a beneficial
document about this.

Sincerely,
Zeinab