Steering colvars to defined points in space

From: Tristan Croll (tristan.croll_at_qut.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2014 - 18:10:03 CST

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to fit some cryoelectron tomography maps. The resolution is low enough to be very ambiguous, but there are a number of points which can be assigned with relative confidence (e.g. hinge points between domains). I'd like to steer the relevant portions of the structure into these spots, but as far as I can tell the colvars functionality only allows steering into relative rather than absolute coordinates. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks,

Tristan