Re: PMF calculation crashes with constraint failure

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2014 - 15:37:10 CST

Hello Magnus, first of all, you're doing an ABF calculation with different
windows, not a steered MD calculation.

Secondly, you have a relatively large force constant (100 kcal/mol/Å^2):
have you tried using a lower one or disabling it, to see whether it's that
restraint force or the ABF force the culprit?

Third, some care should be taken when wrapping coordinates (see paragraph
in the colvars section of the users's guide): does your NAMD configuration
e.g. make use of wrapAll?

Giacomo