Re: automatic extraction of RMSD values of the heavy atoms of residues from NAMD output?

From: Maxim Belkin (mbelkin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2014 - 11:25:15 CDT

Hi András,

This question is about post-processing the results of a simulation, so it is better suited for VMD mailing list.
Anyway, the webpage that you listed has an example of usage:
rmsd_residue_over_time top $sel resid FIRST_FRAME LAST_FRAME

So, you simply have to analyze NAMD trajectories one by one: load corresponding psf file in VMD (mol new filename.psf), make atom selections (set sel1 [atomselect top "..."], set sel2 ...), then load first trajectory (mol addfile trajectory.dcd waitfor all) and run rmsd analysis, repeat for the next trajectory, ...

Maxim