Re: NAMD 2.9 quits early without error message.

From: Ivan Gregoretti (ivangreg_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2014 - 18:45:17 CDT

Hi Aron and Roy,

First, thank you for replying to my post about NAMD crashing without an
error message.

I ran this simulation directly on the machine, without submission
programmes.

Now, it gets interesting because I re-ran it in another machine that is far
more modest in speed, number of cores (8) and memory (32GB). In this rather
slow machine the execution completed flawlessly.

I will re try in the 32-core machine but this time I plan on nicing the job
if I specify +p32 to namd2. It's the sensible thing to do anyway. So,
instead of

namd2 +p32 mysimulation.conf > mysimulation.log

I'll do

nice namd2 +p32 mysimulation.conf > mysimulation.log

Hopefully I will have good news to report to this thread.

Thank you,

Ivan

Ivan Gregoretti, PhD
Bioinformatics