AW: About Bond Deletion

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2013 - 00:57:43 CDT

Hi Vidhya,

I’m not 100% sure, but does a a *.gro file contains bond information? I
think what you see is just a visualization issue when loading structure
files into vmd without bond information, like pdb. In this case, vmd guesses
bonds by distances, to show a better picture of the molecule than just a
atom cloud, this does not change the molecule for real. VMD should also tell
you something like “Determining bonds by distance search” . If you already
have a parameter file for you molecule, loading it solves this. Otherwise
there should be no problem regarding the “wrong bonds” when creating
parameters in vmd (psf).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Norman Geist.