Re: error when doing minimization with the charmm Drude FF

From: Frank Haverkort (f.haverkort_at_rug.nl)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2013 - 08:48:43 CDT

Dear NAMD users,

As you could read in my previous mail, I'm trying to perform an energy
minimization with NAMD using the Charmm drude force field. I've been
able to reproduce the error in my previous mail using only files from
the NAMD website (except for the config file), which makes me wonder if
the problem is caused by NAMD rather than my input files.

I took the sample pdb, psf and inp files from
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/Drude/ (section Sample simulation files,
water (216 molecules)), and am using NAMD version
NAMD_2.9_Linux-x86_64-multicore. I still get exactly the same error message:
FATAL ERROR: FOUND ISOLATED LONE PAIR PARTICLE 3

If anyone has an idea what is going on that would be great, but even if
you don't, could someone please tell me whether it is at all possible to
do an energy minimization in NAMD on a system that contains lone pairs
(like SWM4-NDP water). After reading the manual I was convinced this
should be possible, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Thanks very much for your time!
Frank