AW: restart a simulation

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2012 - 02:01:34 CDT

Hi Upayan,

Remove the minimize command from the if clause. Namd will suddenly execute
the minimize command as it reads it, but you didn’t set all needed
parameters till there. You also already set the minimize at the end of the
script. I think namd will then also complain about setting the temperature
AND reading velocities from restart, that’s nonsense. Also it’s nonsense to
load a velocity file, and then minimize as all velocities get lost then,
there’s no need to minimize every run you restart, it’s only for the initial
structure to find the energy minimum and if the initial structure has bad
contacts/bonds/angles etc.

Feel free to ask

Norman Geist.