Re: RMSD collective variable - Different atons to align and to calculate RMSD

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.rs)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2012 - 12:49:37 CST

Paulo,

I didn't read your initial question, but it is very useful to read
numerical values
of RMSD (used as collective variable) from colvars trajectory file. From
time to time there can be significant discrepancies with RMSD of the
same atoms, if RMSD is 'read' from dcd (different GUI's used for dcd
analysis give almost identical results) and colvars trajectory. Also
consider that atom positions RMSD in colvars by default are not mass
weighted.

Branko