Re: RMSD collective variable - Different atons to align and to calculate RMSD

From: Paulo Cesar Telles de Souza (paulocts_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2012 - 11:53:47 CST

Hello everyone

Thank you for answers. Sorry for being slow to answer, but I spent a
few days thinking about the considerations that you did. The problem
that occurred to me is that alignment problems may occur if the
conformation differences are great. With a bad alignment, the average
force at a given RMSD can be compromised. If I have to use the same
atoms in the current version of NAMD, then I will include a few others
that do not have large conformational differences in relation to the
references. So it is possible to prevent alignment problems to which I
refer.
What do you think about this option?

Best,
Paulo