Re: Controlling fans on a GTX 560 ti

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 17 2012 - 08:25:29 CST

Thank you!
It works for me. Well mostly. Calling "sudo cool_gpu stop" says
Attribute 'GPUFanControlState' (epr-rokavi6:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 0
but nvidia-smi still reports the fans at the manually set value (100%).
But this is not a problem, since I don't want to go back to the automatic
fan control:)

One question: why don't you set the fans to 100% instead of 85%? Just a
matter of noise?

Best regards,
Ajasja

PS I'm running two GTX 560 ti with CUDA 4.0 (270.41.19 drivers) on ubuntu
Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit