Re: no. of CPUs for optimal GTX-690 performance

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 04:34:10 CST

Can't find the benchmarks right now, but if I remember
correctly, hyper-threading was not much use. Under linux, there was no
speedup when using 8 instead of 4 threads (either with or without the
GPU). Under windows there was about 5-10% gain when using hyper threading.

I think Giacomo's advice is very sound: I'd go for higher clock speeds as
well.

Best regards,
Ajasja