Re: NAMD Run Instabilities

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2012 - 08:28:17 CDT

> As to atom numbers I don't have the structure files in front of me at the
> moment but if memory serves it was 47 atoms. (I can check this for you and
> get a more precise number if this is important?). I'm guessing by the
> standards you are used to in molecular dynamics that is a small number.

by NAMD standards, 47 atoms is a ridiculously small number.

that is a system size where almost all of the features in a code
like NAMD that are added for better scaling will mainly add overhead.

i also don't quite understand, what purpose that long
a trajectory for such a small system serves.

the tiny size of the system make almost all of the
other discussions pointless. there is no way to make
this kind of system scale beyond a few threads.

axel.