AW: AW: AW: AW: Error in membrane protein simulation

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2012 - 01:53:15 CDT

Hi,

I think it would make sense to add such a warning at a system building
stage, maybe for psfgen. Such a "simple" structure check is also implemented
in the amber tools. For example, when doing saveamberparm in xleap, which is
the same as psfgen for charmm, messages like "Close contact between x and y"
or "There is an bond of 7A between x and y" or "The total charge of the
system is not zero". At this stage of using VMD as a system building tool
(and not as visualizer) it would be a nice thing IMHO.

Nevertheless, if someone builds a system, set a box dimension, solvate it,
then use different cell size in the simulation and wonders about
superimposed atoms, even such a feature can't help. -_-

Norman Geist.