Re: Three GPU cards on shared-mem motherboard

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2012 - 02:45:24 CDT

Norman:
Thanks indeed. Because of the poor economic situation of the country
where I am currently based, for the moment I have to stick to the
consumer board. Possibly only upgrading to the Intel socket LGA2011
board with Core i7-3930K or i7-3960X with 6 physical CPUs and four
memory controllers instead of two for AMD in the board GA-890FXA-UDC5
I have now. That, if more memory bandwidth is needed for GPU higher
that the two GTX-580 I have.

However, are there benchmarks with NAMD (or other MD code) that show
GTX-680 or GTX-690 faster enough than GTX-580 to justify the money?

Thanks

francesco pietra