Re: how to visualize an alchemical FEP transformation??

From: Chris Harrison (charris5_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2011 - 12:48:16 CDT

Bruno,

This is actually a question about how to use VMD (see vmd-l); but it is
easiest to create a figure showing the two endpoint structures of an FEP
calc by creating multiple representations. For example, one
representation of the so-called "0" state and a second representation of
the "1" state. Then for each representation you modify it so that the
atoms of the *other* state, which you do not wish to see, are not
shown, ie a selection like "protein and not (index 5 8 10)", where atom's 5,
8 and 10 are the atoms belonging to the other state. Does this make
sense?

Best,
Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                          Voice: 773-570-0329