Re: Fwd: vmd-l: Re: hBond colvars and patching

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2011 - 11:40:06 CST

Hi Francesco, if you want to retain the most control on the system, I
suggest that "distance" is the better option. The value of "hBond" would
fall to zero pretty quickly when the distance between the CLA atom and its
ligands increase: but with it being a charged species, the interaction does
instead for longer, and you may want to use a larger distance cutoff (say,
5-6 Å) to allow for some rearrangement.

Giacomo

---- ----
  Dr. Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----