Re: using TIP4P 2005 in namd

From: V.Ovchinnikov (ovchinnv_at_mit.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 15:54:26 CST

Ana,

1)

I believe ECHH and ECHA are atomic electronegativity and hardness
parameters used in the Charge Equilibration Method (CHEQ) to model
polarization. Basic information on the method and references can be
found in the CHARMM documentation :

http://www.charmm.org/html/documentation/c35b1/cheq.html

I do not know the status of CHEQ implementation in NAMD.

2) http://www.charmm.org/html/documentation/c35b1/rtop.html (entry G11);
the line you quote states that, if a water molecule is placed at the
beginning or the end of a segment, no patches are to be applied to this
molecule.

Regards,
Victor