Re: rule of thumb for dcd sampling frequency?

From: Michael S. Sellers (Cont, ARL/WMRD) (michael.s.sellers.ctr_at_us.army.mil)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2011 - 15:56:17 CDT

Irene,

You might want to experiment with the ASCII format. I'm not sure how
much longer these take to write, or how much larger they are (especially
for 100ns runs), but at least you could aggressively prune them on-site,
download the small(er) trajectory, and maybe narrow down your phenomena
to a time/snapshot window.

Another idea is to just write out restart files and an infrequent DCD
trajectory. Once you find where your phenomena happens, go back and
re-run the simulation from a specific restart point with frequent DCD
writing.

That is, if slow phenomena = rare event.

-Mike