Re: beta column

From: ehenriques_at_qui.uc.pt
Date: Fri Sep 10 2010 - 04:25:10 CDT

Hi,

If you're using FIXED atoms, then their positions won't change at all
along the the simulation so you can use your initial pdb file (with
the beta values) as the fixedAtomsFile when you restart.

For the HARMONIC constraints, my understanding (***NAMD programmers
correct me if I'm wrong***) is that two separate files can be invoked,
the conskfile for the force constants (beta column, your initial pdb
file) and another, the consref, with the reference positions
(presumably your .coor file). But if it is harmonic constraints you're
using, why do you want your reference positions to change along the
simulation, anyway?

Elsa

--
Elsa S. Henriques                     e-mail: ehenriques_at_qui.uc.pt
Investigadora Auxiliar