Re: 1-4 pair generation

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 13:30:57 CDT

NAMD determines 1-4 interactions based on the covalent bonds defined in the PSF, not the dihedrals (or impropers). On startup, NAMD searches for the 1-2, 1-3, and 1-4 interactions by following a chain of 1, 2, and 3 covalent bonds, respectively, from each atom. So a 1-4 pair may or may not form the endpoints of a dihedral.

-Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics