Re: Using RMSD in colvar

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 15:07:38 CDT

Hi Stefan,

Your message reminds us that users need examples of working inputs for
the colvars module. The new version of the ABF tutorial should
hopefully help a little.
In your input, there is a problem with the way the atom group is
defined. One correct syntax would be:

colvar {
   rmsd {
      atoms {
           atomNumbers { 1 2 3 }
      }
      refPositionsFile ubq_ws.pdb
   }
}

and your other version should read:

colvar {
   rmsd {
      atoms {
         # add all the C-alphas within residues 1 to 76 of segment "U"
         psfSegID U
         atomNameResidueRange CA 1-76
      }
      refPositionsFile ubq_ws.pdb
   }
}

One important remark: in principle, wrong input should result in
informative error messages. If the messages you got were not helpful,
we will try and improve them.

Best,
Jerome