Re: Using RMSD in colvar

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 16:41:37 CDT

Hello Stefan, thanks for the offer. A "general" colvar tutorial is missing,
but keep in mind that the ABF tutorial, while covering the specific subject
of an ABF free energy calculation, already contains much of the information
you're looking for.

Did you check the 2.7b1 Users Guide or the 2.7b2 Users Guide? The latter
contains a specific example, which tells you that the "rmsd" block should be
either:

   rmsd {
      atoms { atomNumbers 1 2 3 }
      refPositionsFile ....
   }

or

   rmsd {
     atoms {
       # add all the C-alphas within residues 1 to 76 of segment "U"
        psfSegID U
       atomNameResidueRange CA 1-76
     }
     refPositionsFile ubq_ws.pdb
   }

In what you read, "myatoms" was just an example name for a group that's
named "group1", "group2", "atoms", "main", "ref", etc... depending on the
colvar component you choose ("distance", "dihedral", "rmsd", ...).

Giacomo

---- ----
Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science
    Temple University
    1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
mail: giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com
---- ----