running tcl scripting

From: ipsita basu (ibasu788_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 04:26:05 CST

Dear all,

           I want to insert a protein into a lipid bilayer using vmd. I have
problems when I want to delete the lipids which are merged with the protein.
I followed the tcl script which I loaded and is attached with it. In vmd
main - Tkconsole, when I type:
 set sellip [atomselect top "resname POPC"], then an error line "there is no
top molecule in atomselect's molId "
If I change top to mem then gives error " expected integar but got "mem"Not
valid molecule id mem in atomselect's molId ".

So can you please help me to find the proper way?

Thanking You
**
Ipsita Basu

--